Monday, March 19, 2007

Monday - How I am Doing

Welcome back to the blog everyone. I am proud to say that I am (according to the doctor) doing much better today than I was on Thursday of last week. Now, I say that because I have not felt any worse since I had my transplant in January. I have been feeling great, and I continue to feel wonderful as time goes on.

The problem I was having was with my creatinine. It had shot up from 1.1 to 1.4 (which is bad). The doctor was worried that I might be getting dehydrated. So, we stopped one of my immuno-suppressants (the Cellcept) for the weekend to see if that would help. My creatinine went down, so my body is obviously not a big fan of the Cellcept. The doctor prescribed me a lower dosage pill (250mg instead of 500mg) and wants me to start taking two per day on Thursday.

I originally was taking 4 (500mg) Cellcept per day, after my transplant. The doctor quickly switched me to 3 per day after he realized that four per day was making me sick. The new doctor wants to try to ease me back on the the Cellcept, and said I need to make sure to drink at least two liters of water per day with it. So, I will attempt to be better with my water drinking, and hopefully, I will see better results when I go back to see the doctor on Friday!

So, my creatinine was 1.1 today (which is better). The rest of my lab results seemed unremarkable, so I will not bother you with them. Needless to say, I think that all is well and that I will try to enjoy the lower dosage of my medication on Thursday.

I'll talk to you all again on Friday, after I have another doctor's visit.

No comments: