Monday, March 15, 2010

Posting on Another Blog? What?

Good morning, everyone! It's 5:26 AM (CDT) here in Texas, and I'm writing a blog post.

"Why are you doing that?", you may be asking yourself? I'm glad you asked. A few weeks ago, the author of the distinguished blog http://parentingbydummies.blogspot.com/ sent me an e-mail asking if I would be willing to put up a guest post on her blog talking about what it is like to be a blogger, a parent, and a kidney disease patient. I think I may have failed her on two out of the three, but at least I know what the third thing (kidney disease patient) is!

"That's great, but it doesn't really tell me anything," you may be saying at this point. You're correct. I'm typing up this blog post early in the morning because my guest post should be appearing today on her blog, and I wanted to one billion readers that all came over here to visit to have something personal to read.

Please note: One billion is an approximation. I did a rough estimate that one in four people that see a link in a blog they like will follow it. I am also guessing that the aforementioned http://parentingbydummies.blogspot.com/ has four billion daily readers. My guess may be off by one or two (I didn't count heads or look at her blog stats).

I know the real reason you came by today. You were hoping that I found the pictures of my kidney that I scanned all those years ago. You are in luck! I found them, and will link to the photos, here. I didn't want to scare anyone off, so you actually have to click to see anything gross/awesome.

If you are still here, congratulations! If you had to clean vomit off of your keyboard, I am sorry. I vomited for about a month prior to having that removed (ugh).

Anyway, thank you all for coming by today. I just wanted to say that I am VERY thankful to God for all that he has done for me. I am alive today, which is wonderful. I have a beautiful wife and a wonderful (hopefully) daughter. I have a great church family, and a faith that helps me stay strong.

Enjoy the blog, and post comments anywhere you wish!

Please note: I plan to go back and edit this post later today once I get the direct link to my guest post on http://parentingbydummies.blogspot.com/

READ THE GUEST POST HERE:

No comments: