Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another Quick Update

I thought of some more things to say after I posted yesterday. So, I decided to go with a "bonus supplemental post" for today.

First of all, I want to say that I have enjoyed being back at work for the past month. The only problem is that everyone here is attempting to kill me. I work in a cubicle, surrounded by cubicles. The loudest sound I hear is coughing all around me. Don't these people know that I have a suppressed immune system? I am easily susceptible to all sorts of diseases. So, despite my enjoyment of work, I have to try and avoid contact with anyone that is in my area. That way, I can stay healthy. It has worked, so far. We shall see how long that lasts.

The other news I have is good news. After I had my blood drawn at the clinic yesterday, I went back to sit in the waiting area to have my name called to see the doctor. While I was sitting there, I saw a familiar face heading to check out. One of the women that was on dialysis at the clinic while I was on dialysis was leaving. I went an talked to her, and it seems that she had just received a kidney and pancreas transplant. She is blind (or mostly blind) and her son was with her. I recognized the two of them leaving. I was glad to hear that she had gotten a transplant and was doing well. I believe she said she got transplanted about a month ago.

So, good news for the lady from dialysis, and bad news for me if everyone at work keeps being sick. Maybe once all the rain slows down they will start feeling better. I haven't gotten sick yet, and that's good.

See you all next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NATHAN DID YOU REMEMBER THAT IT/S POLLEN THATS MAKING THEM COUGH I WORK IN A TRUCK GARAGE HERE IN PA IT/S BEEN THE WORST SEASON THIS CENTURY HOPE THIS HELPS YOU/RE IN MY PRAYERS FRANK