Monday, June 04, 2007

Oops!

Well, it has finally happened. I received my transplant on January 11, 2007. In one week, it will have been five months. Every day, I am supposed to take several medications. Right now, I am taking medicine at 9am and 9pm.

In the mornings, I am now taking: Bactrim, Calcium+D, Myfortic, Nexium, Prednisone, and Prograf. In the evenings, I am taking: Atenolol, Calcium+D, Cerefolin, Folic Acid, Lovastatin, Myfortic, Prograf, and Zyrtec.

Now, we are coming to the oops. Last night (Sunday), it seems that I forgot to take my 9pm medications. Jenny and I were watching a movie, and I remembered to take my blood pressure and temperature like I am supposed. But, it seems that I forgot to actually take my medicine. I didn't notice until this morning when I grabbed my medicine for this morning. So, I didn't quite make it five months of being a perfect transplant recipient.

But, I did take my medicine this morning (just ten minutes ago, in fact). I think that forgetting my medicine once will help me to remember better from now on (or at least for the next five months).

In other news, the wedding I attended this weekend was very nice. My friend was married, and I enjoyed being his best man. I was surprised to hear the minister (also a friend) tell the story of how Josh had offered to donate his kidney to a close friend. He brought up how this showed his friendship and willingness to serve others. The minister mentioned that it was a good quality to see in a potential groom. And, the bride liked it, too! So, even though his kidney was not a match for me, I was glad to hear that it was a good experience for the two of them.

Here is a picture from the wedding. I didn't ask the couple if I could post it, but ... oh well.
In the picture are the minister, the groom, and me (in a tux)!

Enjoy your day -- see you next time.

No comments: