Thursday, September 13, 2007

Update on My Aunt's PKD Walk Donations

My Aunt (who lives in New Mexico) has been raising funds for the upcoming PKD walk. As of today, she is half-way to her goal of $250.

You can check out her page here:
http://www.pkdcure.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1299262&pg=personal&fr_id=1761&et=IC1_zUytcKWwSoFVuudxhQ..&s_tafId=14640

Thank you to everyone who has donated. The money goes to help research into Polycystic Kidney Disease and hopefully some day will help fund the cure for this disease (if not for me, then for others).


In other news - it has been just over 8 months since I had my transplant on January 11, 2007. I am doing well and am glad to have received the new kidney. I am thankful that I have been doing well so far.

I turned in a 24-hour urine and a blood test last Monday. My Glofil test was a little lower last time than it had been, and it worried me just a little bit. I asked the doctor if there were any problems and they suggested that we do some testing. I have not heard anything from them yet, and I hope that means that nothing is wrong. I guess if I have not heard anything by Monday I will probably call them and find out my results.

But, all is well here. I look forward to good news from the doctor. And, I look forward to the next eight months being just as good as the first.

See you later!

No comments: