Saturday, October 10, 2009

Follow-Up from Friday's Appointment

I went to the doctor again on Friday. They said that the CMV test results were negative. At least that is a positive thing.

They ran a sonogram on my transplanted kidney while I was there to see if there were any problems. The sonogram came up good, with nice blood flow running through the kidney. They said it looked like I was getting more fluid, which is a good thing.

My creatinine was still at 1.7 on Friday. The doctor's original call was to have me go to the hospital and be monitored over the weekend. But, given that I promised to take care of myself, they said I could go home, drink LOTS of clear fluids (soups, Gatorade, salty stuff, etc) and take Imodium if needed.

I took some Imodium at noon, but did not need any more yesterday. I actually ate some semi-substantial food for supper last night, which is a good thing. And, all the food stayed down (also good).

I woke up this morning feeling well again (which is nice). I ate some Cheerios and a banana for breakfast. Now, I just have to see how the rest of the weekend goes.

I have another appointment on Monday to see the nephrologists. Maybe they will be able to give me some good news. I hope I am still feeling better!

Thanks for all the prayers - talk to you again soon.

3 comments:

this reader said...

Hi Nathan!

Glad to hear you are feeling better from the CMV. If you are anything like my friend Bobby, a seemingly routine illness can be really scary precisely because of what you were saying about a suppressed immune system. Plus, there is the worry of what will it do to the kidney, are there any complications, etc. The other thing I wonder about for Bobby is the impact of taking prescription drugs over the years. Of course, there is no choice, but maybe knowing what the potential complications are, he could counter them somehow. You and Bobby have a lot in common when it comes to illness. He has had two kidney transplants, the first when he was 19. The second kidney stopped working about a year ago. He is 37. I am sure he would love to hear from you just to share stories and talk about what is going on. My name is Brad, I am his friend and I am helping him get things posted and started. We are at http://bobkat316.blogspot.com/

We will be praying for you.

All of our best wishes,
Brad

kristen cahen said...

Hi Nathan. i accidently came across your blog and i was diagnosed with PKD today amd I am so scared. I was trying to read some of your posts because i wasnt sure what to expect. today was my first neuphrology appointment and i have to be on blood pressure meds and a no salt diet. i feel so alone today.
my adoptive mom thinks it was something i did but didnt give me time to tell her it was inherited and it wasnt anything i could help.
if you feel up to emailing my address is
javawoman1974@yahoo.com
and my yahoo messenger is
javawoman1974
i am glad i came across your blogs. i live in east dallas.
Kris

another face said...

hey! i stumbled across your blog, and i will keep you in my prayers.. i wish i knew what i exactly was sick with now its been 3 months in and out of doctors offices and hospitals.. no luck yet, but they think it is one of my organs... i am scared but have faith, the hardest thing to deal with right now is college because of being sick.. i hope everything continues to go well for you.. gods plans sometimes work in mysterious ways, but everything happens for a reason! god bless-- brittany