Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sinus and Larynx Surgeries: The Next Day

Well, for those of you who read my last few posts, I would like to say: I have survived my surgery. We arrived at the hospital at 8:00 am. The nurse at the admittance desk told me that my surgery would be at 11:30. Too bad no one called me the night before to let me know that. Then, we could have gotten up at a reasonable time. Oh well. They took me back to the pre-operative area about 11:15. I did not go back to surgery until almost 12:45. The surgery was done by about 2:00, and I was out of recovery by 3:00.

I'm none the worse for the wear, I suppose. My nose is a little bloody, and my throat is pretty sore. Based on how it feels, my nose should be better in a few days, and I'm hoping my throat will start feeling better by Thursday. The bleeding in my nose should clear up with saline and time. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about my sinuses for a while (since they got cleared out).

I go back to see the doctor next Tuesday, the 21st. He should be able to tell me how the sinus clearing went, and he should give me the results of the biopsy from the neoplasm on my vocal fold. He said that it did not look malignant, but they would not know for sure until they run a biopsy. I should know more next week.

I'm glad that the surgery was pretty easy. I haven't had to take too much medication for pain management, yet. I went ahead and had a full day back at work today, if that lets you know how I am feeling.

I'll post my biopsy results once I find out what they know. See you next time!

1 comment:

chrys said...

I am glad how easy it seems, your heart is brave. In my case, this is the worst experience. it was extremely uncomfortable. I can hardly breath with my nose for one week.I had to use my mouth to breathe and my lips were always dry.

I vomit because of the pain relievers. Nurse said it was the side effect.

Now, I have to rest and use my nasal irrigator twice a day.

I am glad things are fine now, you're brave. I am glad.

Chrys
nasal irrigator