Friday, February 03, 2006

January Comments Review

Well, it is time once again to review all of the comments that I have been receiving. I know that not everyone who reads my blog reads the comments, so I thought that I would review the last several that have been posted, as well as a couple of responses.


Oh, by the way, I posted last night that the doctor was supposed to come by the clinic and schedule a time to remove my chest catheter (since it is no longer needed). The doctor did NOT come by the clinic last night. I hope that means he will be by twice next week, as I pay $80 a week to see the doctor. This also means another week (at least) with the catheter. I did take home the betadine and clean it myself this morning, since the technicians had forgotten or run out of time twice this week. New bandages are always nice.


At 1:23 PM, Nephronurse said...

Did anyone ever offer you the option of peritoneal dialysis?

At 9:15 AM, Nathan said...

When I had my nephrectomy in June, the doctor said that I would soon be in need of dialysis. However, since I had just had my abdomen torn open (from my sternum to my navel), I was told that PD would not be a good option. Also, since I suffer from Polycystic Kidney disease, most of my peritoneal cavity is filled with my remaining kidney (it's large). Does that answer your question?

At 7:55 PM, Nephronurse said...

Yes, that's what I suspected was the case. I just wondered if it had even been mentioned to you. I have seen a lot of patients that have never been told about it. I have also seen people with PKD do quite well on PD.

(Comments were taken directly, since I answered that question in a comment).


At 7:05 PM, Danielle said...

Hi Nathan. I found your site quite by accident...then, God makes no mistakes. I will be praying for your health and well-being and will continue checking out your blog. Thank you for sharing your story.

"His glorious power will make you patient and strong enough to endure anything, and you will be truly happy." Col. 1:11

"Live long and prosper." Mr. Spock

Danielle has told me the best thing that I can ever hear. I love to know that someone is praying for my health and recovery. I am thankful to be living in a time when people that I do not know can pray for me, since we both know the same God. And, of course, how can I not like someone who quotes Star Trek!


At 11:13 PM, Nephronurse said...

Hi, Nathan
I tried to post a comment once already and I am not sure if it went through so I'm trying again. The trials you have had with your fistula inspired me to post about vascular access on my blog. Please let me know if you think it is helpful or not.

I did actually read through Nephronurse’s Blog. She had some interesting insights about vascular access, some of which I will never see, since I only have the one fistula. She encounters many more patients that I do, and has a better opportunity to see problems and solutions. This is one blog that I have added to my regular reading list, and I plan to keep up with her posts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I´ve been on PD 4 years, Congratulations for the transplant. I am 43 years woman who is in the list too. I live in Mexico and my sister lives in Garland, TX and last december I spent christmas there. Hope you are ok.
Alejandra