Monday, July 03, 2006

Monday All Over Again

It has been another week since I have updated my blog. A bit has happened, so I’ll see if I can remember everything to fill you in.

The technicians at dialysis continue to use my fistula. Thursday, I had a different tech. He stuck in one needle up and one down, and the machine ran at 310 for four hours. That was a pretty good treatment. I asked the next tech I had (on Saturday) to sick up and down as well, and she was able to get the needles in. The machine didn’t run quite as fast, but I don’t think she hit the fistula quite as well.

I am planning on going to my high school reunion this weekend. It has been 10 years since graduation, and I’d like to head back. So, I am going to try out “traveling dialysis”. I’ve scheduled an away appointment for Friday night in Oklahoma (on the way back home). Hopefully everything will go well and I won’t have a bad experience. I am looking forward to my treatments this week. Now that the needles are both pointing the correct direction, it should be easier to stick me this week. The tracks should start to develop and the arm may scar up a little (which will help with the pain).

Thanks to the class reunion, I’ve rediscovered some high school friends. I’ve gotten four e-mails from people that I haven’t spoken to in ten years that have read through my blog. I have only had time to reply to two of the so far, but I’m working my way through my Inbox trying to get to everyone. So, if you’ve written, don’t despair. I am getting to you as quickly as I can.

I found a new service the other day that I really enjoy. I read several blogs, and I find that it’s easier to do if they are e-mailed to me. There’s a site, http://www.r-mail.org/ that allows you to subscribe to anyone’s blog and get it over e-mail. It just takes a couple of days to set up, and it works like a charm. They have a form on their web page that you enter the information in to, and it sends you a confirmation. It's easy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nathan! It's Carly (Criser)Trammell for NHS '96. I hope that your traveling is painless and easy to manage. I will be praying for you. So much has happened in 10 years.