Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September 12 - Update

Welcome to the blog everyone. It is Tuesday, September 12, 2006, and today is a pretty good day. Let me give everyone updates on what is going on, and hopefully you’ll learn a little more about where I am at this point.

One
My friend Josh has begun his testing process. He went in to the doctor’s office on Wednesday and Thursday of last week, spending his entire day being poked and scanned. There are a few tests that he still has to send in and a couple more appointments to take care of, and then his portion of the testing will be complete. From there, all we have to do is to wait and see how they like his kidneys, and if I will like one of them.
Read it: http://joshotrades.blogspot.com/2006/09/one-weeks-time.html

Two
My friend Kelly (who lives in Minnesota) is going to participate in a PKD walk (it’s kind of like a Race for the Cure, if you are more familiar with that). 85% of the donations raised in the Walks go directly to pay for research for a cure to PKD (I’m guessing the rest goes to cover administrative costs). Her goal is $220, and I know you can all give a little bit to help her reach it. Check out her site, and make a small donation (even $5 or $10 would help).
http://www.pkdcure.org/site/TR?px=1219283&pg=personal&fr_id=1455&s_tafId=6822

Three
Now, it’s back to me, personally. Today is Tuesday, and I have another dialysis treatment today. I had my monthly blood work done last week, so I should see the results today. I am hoping that my phosphorus will still be in the safe range, which would be nice. Please pray that those results will all be in the “normal” range.

I got two sticks on Saturday, with a new technician (new to me, not to being a tech). He was able to get the needles in quickly and easily, and the machine ran at 400 ml/min for almost the entire four hours. I am glad that there are now three technicians that have had successful sticks on my upper arm fistula. This is good news for me, since not all the same technicians work every shift that I am there. I now have greater choice when it comes to getting my needles put in.

I want to thank everyone that has been praying. Keep praying that God’s will is going to be done concerning Josh’s kidney. If it is not the kidney that God has planned for me, then I do not want it. I want to follow Him in this decision. Please pray that my treatments will continue to go well and that I will get good sticks at each treatment.

Thanks for coming!

No comments: