Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Post-Transplant Glofil #3

Good Morning! (And, if I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening, and good night).

Tuesday, the 17th, was my 6-months Post-Transplant Glofil appointment. As always, if you are unfamiliar with the Glofil test, you can read about it in a previous post here: http://nmccart.blogspot.com/2007/02/upcoming-first-post-transplant-glofil.html

My score this time was 76.3. That is down from the last two scores. On 2/22, I got 86.1 and on 5/14, I got 82.0. I spoke with the nurse at Dallas Transplant Institute this morning, and she said that this is not a problem. Since my creatinine is stable and my urine output is stable, then there are no worries. Speaking of that, they ran labs on Tuesday as well, and my creatinine remains at 1.0 (which is wonderful). The next Glofil comes 9 months after my transplant date, which should be around October 11, 2007.

And ... while we are talking about lab reports ... the only problem the doctor pointed out on my lab report was that my triglycerides are pretty high. The acceptable range is 32.0 to 238.0 mg/dL. On 6/19, my triglycerides were at 175.0. But, yesterday, my triglycerides were up to 281.0. The cardiologist had previously complained that my triglycerides were too high, so now I need to work with the two doctors to get on some medication to get that down. The transplant doctor suggested that I might could take Fish Oil supplements, if the cardiologist will approve. I am going to send my lab reports to the cardiologist to see what dosage of fish oil that they suggest in my case.

The only thing left to schedule for the transplant clinic will be a Bone Density test. It seems that they cannot do the bone density and the Glofil at the same time, due to the Glofil using a radioactive dye that would interfere with the bone density. The bone density test is pretty quick, so I will see if I can get one scheduled for some morning soon (they want it done this month).

So, that's all for today. Maybe I'll find out what the cardiologist wants so I can get my cholesterol down. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Bmaddny said...

Hey, what was your creatinine prior to your transplant?

Unknown said...

I decided to answer you question in its own blog post:

http://nmccart.blogspot.com/2007/07/answering-comment-questions-and-more.html

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.