Saturday, January 12, 2008

Year Two: Day One

Yesterday (January 11, 2008) officially marked my one year Kidney-Versary! (Yes, spell checker, I know that isn't a word, stop underlining it with that red squiggly line).

It has been a wonderful year. I just spent twelve months NOT having to go to dialysis. That was probably the best change for me. I also got to eat more food (like a normal person), and I was able to put on a little bit of weight. I now weight 185 lbs (which is good when you are 6 feet 2 inches tall). I got to spend more time at home with my wife, and have generally enjoyed life all the more since my transplant.

I'd like to thank everyone that has been praying over the past year. The doctors say that the first year of transplant is the hardest to get past. Once you make it one year, your chances of rejection fall greatly. I am hoping that the statistics will hold true for me and that I will get a few more decades out of this new kidney. Keep on praying that God will protect me and this wonderful transplanted kidney for many years to come.

I have a Glofil test coming up in about two weeks. This will give the doctors a one year picture of how my kidney is doing. I'll be sure to let everyone know what's going on after I find out. I should probably also have another bone density scan a week or two after that. Then all of my records should be up-to-date in their systems.

That's about it for today. More another day!!

No comments: