Sunday, May 01, 2011

Cardiologist Update: April 5, 2011

I had my most recent cardiology appointment back on April 5, 2011. I last saw the doctor about six months ago. I will help you catch up, in case you have forgotten (or not been reading).

I have a mitral valve prolapse. I have been followed by a cardiologist since I moved to the Dallas area back in 2001. The doctor has been following me every six months for a while. When she retired, I got a new doctor. He looked at my echocardiogram and had me come in after three months. But, based on those two scans, he had me come back in six months. There had been a fear that my heart was getting worse, but it turns out, it was not a problem.

So, we are now caught up to April 5. I had my twice a year echocardiogram. The doctor took a look, and he was very pleased. My last three scans all looked exactly the same (the two three months apart and the one in April). So, he was very pleased. He decided that I do not have to be back for another year.

So, it seems that all is well, in terms of my mitral valve prolapse. I have not gotten any worse in the past year, and the cardiologist does not want to see me for another year. It has been my experience, so far, that the doctor NOT wanting to see me is a good thing.

So, you should not hear another heart update from me for at least a year. That will be great! As long as there are not any future problems, then I won't have to go back to see him. I did go and see my nephrologist on April 7. My next post will be about that.

See you next time!

No comments: