Thursday, August 31, 2006

End of August

Another week has gone by, and it is time to update my blog again. It’s been a pretty good week, and I’d love to tell you about it.

I got some e-mail this week from a reader in Saint Louis, MO. She asked me about my gall bladder and about blogging in general. I gave her all the information that I knew about my gall bladder problem (based on what she asked). I also pointed her to and told her how easy it was to get everything set up and then to pass out the link to the ATOM feed to your family and friends so that they could get your updates.

It’s always good to hear from new people who are reading my blog. In fact, today, I got an e-mail from a lady in South Africa. She nominated my blog for BlogDay 2006. I’m not normally the kind of person that participates in things like that, but I am glad to be nominated. If you would like to read her post, it is here:

Now, it is time for the updates on my health. On my last post, I mentioned that I had been getting treated at 400 ml/ min. Well, I haven’t been quite as lucky this week. I went in for my treatment earlier on Saturday, and they only got the machine to run at 350 ml/min (which isn’t that bad, but not that great either). On Tuesday, my needles went in great, but for some reason, we could not get the machine to run faster than 300 ml/min. It was having problems with the arterial pressure. I am guessing that the needle was too close to the wall of the fistula. Hopefully, that will be corrected this afternoon at my treatment.

Last week, I was supposed to have a fasting lipid panel on Tuesday. They did not draw my blood for the test because they did not know if I had fasted or not (despite the fact that I told them that I had). So, they said they would do the test another day, and I advised that they do it Tuesday. So, I had my blood drawn on the 29th for my lipid panel. Maybe they will have the results back today and I can ask about them. If I find anything out, I will let you know.

Other than that, there’s not too much going on. I have some blood work to get back (too see how my cholesterol is doing). I have not yet heard from my friend that is being tested for transplant. Perhaps I will send him an e-mail today and see what is going on.

Please pray:
  • That my machine will be able to run at 400 ml/min for the best possible treatment

  • That my friend Josh will get tested and that we can find out if he is a match for donation

  • That my next few dialysis treatments will be uneventful

Thanks for coming by to read today!
Post a Comment