Tuesday, July 07, 2009

(246) Monday Misadventures and a Pending Cystoscopy

So, I probably should have tried and blog about this yesterday, but I didn't take the time to do it. I wanted to let everyone know, for starters, that I am still okay and as of yet, nothing has been deemed wrong with me.

Sunday morning, I noticed some blood in my urine and some particulate as well. The particulate was small pieces that seemed fleshy. This was a bit disconcerting, but there was no pain associated with it. I had a lot of water to drink that morning (since church was starting at 10:50 instead of 9:15 that day). Going to the bathroom two more times, I still saw particulate, but the color was less red each time.

When we got home from church, I went to the bathroom again, and saw that the color seemed normal and that there was no particulate. I called the 24-hour doctor's line at the nephrologist's office, and they paged the on call physician. We talked and he said that if there was no pain that I could just go in to the clinic on Monday to be checked.

Monday, I saw the doctors. They ran blood work and everything was normal. My creatinine was at 1.0 (good) and the other results were normal as well. They also ran a sonogram on both of my kidneys (the native and the transplanted). The sonogram showed nothing abnormal on either kidney. The doctors suggested that I should have a cystoscopy done by my urologist.

I called the urologist and set up an appointment for Friday. I'm not sure if he will do the procedure in his office that day or if he will evaluate me and then set up a date for the cystoscopy. My understanding is that it can be performed in the office, depending on the "type" of test they do. The point of the cystoscopy will be to see if there is a kidney stone in my bladder. Those interested can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystoscopy.

Please pray that the test, if needed, goes well and that this was only a burst cyst in my native kidney (or something else that was non-problematic). I'm not worried, but I would prefer if there was nothing wrong (especially with the transplanted kidney).

Thanks for reading and praying! See you next time.

1 comment:

Neesie said...

You'll be in all of our prayers. Keep us posted. Love ya, Denise