Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday, November 17, 2006

As promised, I have one more post this week. I wanted to get all of this information out, but I know that the lab reports are always long, so I didn't want anyone to get bored reading and miss something that might be interesting. So, I figured that I would break up my posts and have them be bite-sized chunks.

First off, let's hear about Kala. For the new readers, Kala has volunteered to be tested as a potential kidney donor. She is the third such person to go through the process. As of our last report, she seems healthy enough to donate, and her tests are going well. Recently, she met with the social worker, who said she was an excellent "donor candidate." I believe Kala had her MRI on Monday. The machine is loud and uncomfortable, but she said that the test went well. As of Thursday afternoon, the MRI results were not back, so we are still waiting on that. The transplant committee meets on Friday, December 8. We should know something from them by probably the Monday or Tuesday after that.

All in all, the news from Kala is good to hear. I am glad that all of the tests and interviews are going well and that no problems have been uncovered. I also appreciate her kindness to be willing to donate a kidney to me.

In other news, I have been getting more e-mail recently from other Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) sufferers (er er er ers). [<-- trust me, that would be funny if you could hear me say it.] Anyway, I have a few e-mails from other PKD people, and they are all at least interested in what I have been going through. I am SLOWLY trying to get back to everyone, so if you wrote to me, don't feel bad. Your message is in my Inbox, waiting it's turn to be replied to. I have not been feeling well this week. I have had a lack of appetite, as well as some minor nausea since about Monday. Today (which is Friday), I have had a headache most of the afternoon, which is unusual for me. Hopefully, I will get to feeling better soon. It's not any fun to be sick. I have an interesting comment I would like to throw in. There is another blog that I have been reading where the author asked that we pray for healing for someone's cancer. It seems that after the latest scans, most of the tumors have gone away without medical intervention. The author has encouraged prayer towards miraculous healing (in whatever manner that God chooses). This made me think about God's faithfulness. I have been reading about faithfulness, and thought I would share a little from what I have been studying. We have faith based on either who GOD is or on what GOD does. Isaiah 55:8-9 says - 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.
9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Hebrews 13:8 says -
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

The summary of the lesson was that faith based on who GOD is frees Him completely to show us what He can do!

Please continue to pray for me. Pray for a miracle healing. Pray that the right donor will be found to match for me. Those prayers are not exclusive. Pray that God will choose the method that will bring Him the most glory. I am just here as an instrument. I want to be used in any way possible.

Thanks for reading again today. As always, tune in next time for more fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nathan,

Maybe you should have been a doctor!
According to all the reports, you are maintaining better than expected. Your bravery and trust in God are keeping you in a positive attitude. I'm proud of you. You are an inspiration to others.

Lee Batchelor Vlademar