Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday Update - April 13

Today is Friday, April 13, 2007. I had another clinical follow-up appointment (post transplant) today, and I thought I'd share how everything went.

First of all, I saw the "real" doctor today! The clinic is staffed by several physicians and physicians assistants. The team is headed up by a single doctor who reviews all of the work done for all of the patients each day (with his team). It seems, after my visit today, that he also sees patients himself. Today, instead of seeing an assistant, I got to see the head doctor, and that's always fun.

I told the doctor about the pain I was having in my side over the kidney incision. He said that if it did not get worse or if it continued for several days, then I should worry about it. He said that it just hurting for one day was not a problem. It could have been strained exercising or something like that, and I should not worry about it.

He got my lab results, and my creatinine is still 1.0! That means that drinking all of the extra water is helping, and my medication seem to be working. None of my other numbers seemed out of whack. The "liver numbers" all looked good, and my white blood cell count was still normal (which is nice to hear). The only blemishes I saw on the report were low sodium (never a real problem) and low magnesium (which has been slightly low since transplant). The doctor was not worried about either number. Sodium is especially easy to fix, and might have been low just because of the amount of water I've been drinking.

So, I'm healthy and happy. I got a note from the doctor saying that I could return to work full-time starting on Monday, April 30. And, I scheduled my next doctor's appointment for that day, too, so I can see how everything goes with timing my appointments with working and not using up all of my sick time. I scheduled the next appointment around lunch time hoping to use my hour up for that (we shall see).

The only other thing coming up is the colonoscopy and the endoscopy, which are set for April 23. Nothing for me to do for those until the 22nd, so no worries. Thank you all for the prayers as I continue to recover. Stay tuned next time for more exciting news from the kidney world!

1 comment:

Sisters said...

So glad you are healthy and happy.