Friday, April 20, 2007

Interesting

So, Wednesday, I got a call from 480-423-2335. Now, I don't live in Arizona, so I didn't know who could be calling me. I answered the phone, and it was a recording stating that my doctor's office had an important message for me, and that I needed to call a 1-800 number to retrieve it.

I called the 1-800 number, put in my account number, and the system played a recording for me from LabCorp. The LabCorp people had left me a message to say that the results of my stool study were normal. They did not find any infections or any other problems.

I was glad to hear that I was OK, but I found the experience strange. I do not know why the doctor's office did not just call me with the information directly. They obviously have my phone number, since they called to tell me I have a message. I could have given them my account number over the phone to a person just as easily as to the machine in Arizona. All in all, it was a strange ordeal.

So, there was nothing else new this week. I have my colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled for Monday. I will be doing my preparation all day Sunday, which should be fun. I got the solution from the pharmacy, and it should not be a problem. The only thing left to do is to buy some Gatorade to drink since all I can have on Sunday is fluids. We have some store-brand flavored gelatin and have to make it on Saturday.

So, hopefully the tests will go well on Monday. Jenny is not working that day so that she can give me a ride home. They don't want you to drive after being "put under" for a couple of hours. I guess the drugs make you a bit "woozy".

That's all for this week. Enjoy!!

No comments: