Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Test Results

I received my test results from the colonoscopy and EGD yesterday. There are nine pictures of what looks like it could be the inside of anyone's GI area. There is nothing of note in any of the pictures (and, I don't have a scanner, so I can't scan them to show them off).

Here are the remainder of the results (the text portion):

We performed a colonoscopy and an EGD today based on the following indications:
  • Diarrhea, functional (C)
During the procedure we found the following:
  • No duodenitis, ulcers, masses, or polyps seen. Duodenal aspirate was sent for analysis for infectious organisms. (biopsy)
  • Erythema and nodularity in the antrum and stomach body compatible with gastrits
  • The upper third, middle third, and lower third of the esophagus was normal. The EG junction was normal. No esophagitis, cancer, ulcers, varicose veins, or Barrett's esophagus seen.
  • The terminal ileum was normal without any ulcerations, stricture, inflammation, masses, or polyps. (biopsy)
  • Mucosa throughout the colon is normal. No masses, no polyps, no colitis, and no ulcers were noted. Vascular pattern is normal. Haustral folds are normal. Stool was sent for analysis for infectious organisms. (biopsy)
Our recommendations are as follows:
  • Await biopsy results.
  • I suspect the diarrhea is medication related.
The rest of the sheet is instructions to follow once I get home (which was yesterday).

So, now you see that I am perfectly normal (as far as they can tell from the inside). My colon and esophagus are just like they should be, and my problems might be caused by the Cellcept.

So, that's all I know. Oh, that and I have to have a release from the transplant doctor before I can see the dentist. I didn't know that earlier, but I do now. I'll talk to the doctor on Monday and see if I can get a release to get my teeth cleaned (was supposed to do it in January, but got a transplant instead).

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Nathan,

Ask your transplant docs about Myfortic. We've been using it lately and it really has less GI symptoms than Cell Cept