Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I Received my Access Flow Report

I received my access flow report at dialysis last night. I had to request a copy of it since I am going to see my vascular surgeon tomorrow morning. I guess they normally send you to one of the vascular surgeons that are affiliated with their doctor’s group who can access all of the records from their internal system. I did not see any reason to go to a new doctor (over an hour away) when I have access to the surgeon that put in my fistula and knows it best. Here are the results:

09/13/2005: Result 337
10/08/2005: Result 302
10/11/2005: Result 309

Unfortunately, for an AVF (arterial-venous fistula), the expected rate for access flow is greater than 400. As I have said before, I am not sure what the surgeon is going to do to fix this problem, but I’ll know more tomorrow.

Dialysis went well for me last night. I weighed in at 71 kg (which is 3 kg higher than my normal dry weight). I guess I shouldn’t have had that refill on my drink at lunch. I should probably pay more attention to what day of the week it is before I go out to eat next time.

Thanks for coming by. I’ll have an update from my surgeon on either Thursday or Friday, depending on how much time I have.

No comments: