Tuesday, October 04, 2005

New Job / New Insurance

Hey everyone, I was offered a new job yesterday (and I accepted it). To make today’s blog more interesting, I am going to proceed in the ever-popular Question and Answer format.

Q: I hear you have a new job (that’s great). Who are you going to be working for, and what will you be doing?

A: I am going to be working for MCI as a Telecom Engineer II for the Engineering Standards group.

Q: Didn’t you work for WorldCom (now MCI) back in 2002 when you got laid off?

A: Yes. In fact, I am going to be going back to doing the same job that I was doing before in a new and improved group.

Q: What would make you want to go back to MCI after they let you go a couple of years ago?

A: For one, I am going to be receiving a significant salary increase (similar to what I was being paid back in 2002). Also, the job that I am doing now requires very little of me, mentally, and I want to go back to doing something challenging that I enjoy going to do every day.

Q: Why does your blog title mention new insurance?

A: As you know, I have devoted this blog to my Polycystic Kidney Disease, especially since I had to have a radical left nephrectomy this summer. One of the big things that I am having everyone pray about is a kidney transplant. My insurance company will have to pay for part of the cost of the transplant, so my transplant paperwork is going to be held up for a little while after I change jobs so that the new company can agree to help pay for the transplant whenever it occurs.

Q: How do you think everyone is going to like this crazy Question and Answer format?

A: It’s hard to say. I know that sometimes it can be tough to read something that is going back and forth for a long time. But, I feel that I have kept this short, and I hope that it will let everyone feel like they’ve had a chance to sit and talk with me.

Q: Thanks for writing this today. Do you have any prayer requests that we can keep in mind?

A: Sure. 1) Pray that my job transition goes smoothly (I start on October 17). 2) Pray that my dialysis will continue to go well. 3) Pray that I will stop feeling sick in the mornings.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful news!! Were you actively looking for a new job or did they contact you?

Anonymous said...

Oops- that was me, by the way...

Unknown said...

Well, I was contacted by a friend that still works there. He asked if he could submit my resume when he heard that a new position was coming open in their department. And, I was probably the best qualified applicant, since I had already had the job before.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are doing well and moving forward. Happy for you. Can you tell me anything that would help me know what I am facing with a double nephrectomy? thanks

Unknown said...

I decided to answer your double nephrectomy question on the blog itself. The link is:

http://nmccart.blogspot.com/2005/11/high-heart-rate-on-saturday.html