Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Recommendation from iKidney.com

Hey everybody. To start off, I'd like to apologize to everyone that receives an e-mail update whenever I update the blog. There were some minor problems last week and it seems that about 6 or 7 e-mails all got sent out at once. So, I'm sorry about that.

I had an interesting experience this week. I was sitting in dialysis Tuesday evening (where I am writing this post now). The Internet was turned on today, so I was checking out my statistics for the blog. I normally receive about 10 visit a day to the site, but for some reason, there were 55 hits on Monday. So, I went to take a look at where all of these visitors were coming from, and I saw a link from iKidney.com.

It seems that Dr. Joshua Schwimmer of iKidney.com was writing an article about blogging and how blogs relate to the medical community. The bottom of the article was a few links pointing the readers out to some informative blogs. Here is what is says:

“The best way to learn about blogs is to read them. There are many excellent blogs out there. If you're interested in exploring the world of blogs (also known as the blogosphere), the following Web sites are good places to start.”

And, right under that, there was a link to my blog! Here's the site:
http://www.ikidney.com/iKidney/Lifestyles/BasicBlogging.htm

So, I guess I need to write to Dr. Schwimmer and thank him for linking to my site and getting the information out about my struggle with PKD.

I realize that this post didn't give much information about me. For those of you wondering, I started work at MCI on Monday. It takes a couple of days to really get started, but I was working this afternoon and I'm glad that I've got the new job. I'm looking forward to a good long career in telecommunications.

No comments: