Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Creatinine Still at 1.1

When I saw the doctor on Thursday, my creatinine was at 1.1. This was higher than the 0.9 or 1.0 that it had been since my transplant. So, the doctor advised that I go to the clinic on Monday (yesterday) to have my blood drawn again to make sure that I was okay.

I got a call from the clinic this morning. They told me that my creatinine was still at 1.1. This is not an "abnormal" number, it is just higher than I had been, so the doctor wants to watch it. I will go back to the clinic for another appointment on Thursday, so hopefully, the doctor will let me know what to do about this.

The creatinine is a reflection of how well your kidney is functioning. Basically, the higher the number, the worse the function. So, 0.9 is much better than 1.1. I will just have to wait until Thursday to see if I need to do something or make any changes.

I will let you know what I learn after my appointment! Enjoy your day.

No comments: