Wednesday, August 17, 2005

August 17

Well, my dialysis visit yesterday wasn't too terrible. I got to visit with the nephrologist and he said that I can go back to work on August 29. This works out perfectly with my disability, because the short term disability claim period ends on August 28. All I have to do now is to talk to my boss at work and to talk to the human resources department. They should have no problem approving me to come back to work, so I can start to get back into some kind of a routine.

My dialysis treatment wasn't all that great last night. The technician was not able to get a return access needle into my fistula. It seems that she scratched the vein wall on Saturday of last week and that caused some problem with access on Tuesday. She had to call over the nurse to get the needle into place, which took about 30 minutes. It seems that my fistula is still not quite as large as the dialysis clinic would prefer. I am still working out my arm by squeezing a stress ball hoping to make the fistula the size that the clinic would like to see.

I think that going back to work is going to be good for me. I am thankful that God has allowed me to get back to a point, health-wise, that I am going to be able to work. Even a month ago, I was feeling sick every day. It was a good day when I could stand up for an hour or take a 15 minute walk. I am looking forward to the day that I get a transplant and can actually have a nearly-normal life again. I mean, dialysis is going to allow me to have a dependable schedule, but it is not a normal life. I am trying not to complain, since I really am thankful for where I am today, compared to three months ago. I have not figured out the ultimate good that will be worked out through these circumstances, but I do know that it will be worth it. I only hope that I can be a good steward of the circumstances that I've been given.

Thank you for reading. Keep praying that I will stay healthy and be able to go to work. Also pray for Jenny as she continues to watch over me and to work. It is going to be harder on her once I start working again. I'm sure that I'll be tired that first few weeks of working.

“ But, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends. ”- 2 Corinthians 10:17-18

No comments: