Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Movin' on Up

I received another successful dialysis treatment Tuesday evening. They had a little bit of trouble sticking me, but my arm does not seem any worse for the wear today. They are still having troubles with the arterial side, and I was afraid that they had infiltrated it last night, but it doesn't look that way. I was also finally able to get my dry weight moved up. They are now allowing me to stay at 68 kg (which is up from the original 66 kg in the hospital). This means that I hopefully won't feel dehydrated at dialysis for quite a while. Well, at least until my weight goes up enough that I start to notice again. But, it is good to know that I can talk to the doctors and get my weight adjusted as needed to keep me feeling well. And, since I am eating well once again, despite my restricted diet, I plan to get my weight up to something more normal for my height.

I'm going to try something new this week. Our Adult Bible Fellowship class at church has a service project planned for this Saturday. They have scheduled to go to the Buckner Shoes for Orphan Souls from 2pm – 5 pm. Since my dialysis is supposed to start between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm, and the Buckner organization is about 45 minutes away from the dialysis clinic, I would not be able to attend this event. But, the dialysis clinic does allow you move your treatment if you are not able to come in at your regularly scheduled time. On Thursday, I am going to ask to have my Saturday treatment done during the early morning shift rather than at my usual evening shift. I talked to the clinic last Saturday and they said that it was possible, but I would have to check back on Thursday. So, I will. This would be a great opportunity to serve God in a tangible way. I am looking forward to going to Buckner to help out.

If you want to find out more about the Buckner program, please visit them on the web at http://www.shoesfororphansouls.org/.


On an off-topic note, Google released their instant messaging / voice chat program called Google Talk today. This IM program requires that you log in with your GMail user name and password. That makes it kind of difficult for me to use it to chat with anyone as I only know a handful of people that are using GMail. Oh well, as more people find out about it I should get a chance to try out this new technology.



That's all for today. Please feel free to post comments online or to send me an e-mail. Since I am still off of work this week, I will have lots of time to read and respond to anyone that writes.

No comments: