Thursday, September 22, 2005

3500 milliliters on Tuesday

I had another decent dialysis treatment on Tuesday. When I went in, I weighed 71.0 kg, which is 3 kg more than my normal weight of 68.0 kg. They had to take off 3.5 liters of ultra-filtrate to get me back down to my normal weight. They add 500 ml because of the saline that has to be added to get all of your blood out of the dialysis machine. I don’t know if I have gained weight, but I do know that I had a tingly feeling in my fingers most of the day on Wednesday. If I find that I have gained a lot of weight today when I go in, then I might have to ask about having my dry weight adjusted again. I’ll know more after tonight’s treatment, based on how I feel. I certainly don’t want to go back to being dehydrated (which was no fun at all).

Here are the prayer requests that I have:

  • Pray that I would get to feeling better more often. I am still fighting with nausea several mornings a week, and that is not a good way to start the day.
  • Pray that my paperwork will process quickly so that I can know my status on the “road to transplant”.
  • Pray that my insurance will work out. I am having to work with Blue Cross to get them to pay for anything that I had done in July. I am getting bills from July that say that my insurance was cancelled, which did not happen until August. Pray that everything will get worked out and that they will pay the amount that is their responsibility.

No comments: