Saturday, September 24, 2005

No Power on Saturday at the Clinic

I went to my normal dialysis treatment on Saturday evening, and it seems that the clinic had lost power earlier that day. They said that they could get emergency power by 7:30 pm, but that was too late for them to run a bunch of four-hour treatments. The charge nurse came out at almost 5:00 and told us that we should all come back Sunday morning at 7:30 am. So, I guess I will be missing church tomorrow to have my blood cleaned out. It's kind of sad to have to miss church, but I don't want to miss out on dialysis.


At Thursday's treatment, they used the larger needles. I am now using 15-gauge needles like everyone else in the clinic. With the new, larger needles, they will be able to run my treatment at 400 ml/hr (which is the full-speed treatment). This means that more of my blood can be cleaned out during my four-hour treatment. I still have to be there for four hours (having more blood moved through doesn't mean you get to stay less time). I guess that this is a good thing. Having a full-sized access is a good thing, it is what all of the people at the clinic want me to have.


I guess I'll enjoy my crazy Sunday dialysis, which I am not really looking forward to. I would much rather go to church.

No comments: