Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Another Good Dialysis Treatment

I had a good dialysis treatment on Tuesday. They are still using the 15-gauge needles. My blood is being processed at 400 ml/min. The only problem that I had on Tuesday was some cramping in my feet close to the end of the treatment. They stopped removing fluid for fifteen minutes to cut down on the cramping. I am not sure if I have gone up in weight or not, I was 70.2 kg when I went in (they were only scheduled to remove 2700 cc of fluid, and they took off about 2500).


This is the second time I have wondered about my weight in the last couple of weeks. Last time, it was a tingly feeling in my fingers the day after my dialysis. This time, it was some cramping while I was there. Both of those can be signs of dehydration. If I continue to have more problems, then I will ask the doctor to raise my dry weight.


I have the following prayer requests:

  • Pray that my transplant paperwork will be processed quickly and that they will let me know what I need to do next.
  • Pray the my morning nausea will get less (or go away all together).

No comments: