Friday, January 12, 2007

Out of ICU

This is Jenny again. Nathan is doing really well today. His blood pressure is up and his kidney is making more and more urine each hour. He's putting out almost as much as the doctors are putting in. He was on the liquid diet for lunch and he ate everything on his tray (except the iced tea). They upgraded him tonight to the full menu. He wasn't quite ready to eat real food yet so he had pudding and some soup.

The surgeon came in this afternoon and was so pleased with Nathan's progress that he moved him out of ICU. He is now on the transplant recovery floor. If he continues to do as well as he has done today they doctor says he will probably get to go home on Tuesday.

For those of you who live in the area and want to know exactly where Nathan is...he's at Baylor All Saints in Ft. Worth (on 8th Ave off I -30). He's in Building A, 8th floor, Room 17. Now that he is out of ICU we can turn our cell phones on in the room. Feel free to call either number you get the latest information.

Thanks again for your prayers!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that everything has gone well. What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

The one day I don't check Nathan's blog and the transplant happens. Angela was in to the pharmacy today and told me. I am so happy for both of you. You are always in my prayers and even more now. God has so blessed you both with the ability to roll with the punches. You will be rewarded tenfold--it is happening right now. Maybe I should introduce myself--I'm Lee Batchelor Vlademar- I taught at Sunnymede when Nathan and Angela were students there and have watched both McCartney kids grow up. I am now retired and working part time at the pharmacy that Patsy and Angela use of I am kept abreast of their lives. Nathan is a success story in many ways. I'm proud of him.

Lee Batchelor Vlademat

Anonymous said...

Nathan, I am so glad to hear things went well. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
~Jill (Mailer) Biddle