Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday Morning

It is Saturday morning. I had my kidney transplant late Thursday night. I was in the ICU most of the day Friday, though they moved me in to a room around 6:00 pm Friday night. They want me to sit up or walk around as much as possible to speed up the healing process.

The new (pre-owned) kidney seems to be working pretty well so far. My urine output was 235 ml on the 11th and 2795 ml on the 12th. They have not posted my numbers for today. My creatinine went from 9.1 on Thursday to 10.3 Friday and the doctor just said it was around 5 today.

So, I have some pain in my right side, but that is to be expected. I hope to keep getting better through the weekend.

Stay tuned for more details.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that things are going so well. I just found out about the transplant yesterday through my Hickey friends. I am praying for your continued improvement and God willing you will be able to go home early next week. I'm sure Jenny will be very happy to have you home and will take very good care of you. You both continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I just recently found your lbog through living with PKD (I know Heather well). Just want youto know that there are strangers out here who are praying for you. Good luck with your recovery, I'm thrilled so far with the updates.

-HBK

Heather O. said...

Congrats, Nathan! That is such exciting news. We'll continue to pray for you. Good luck, and we are so excited that everything looks good!